Through preferences, you can customize QuickBooks to suit the needs of your business and your personal style of working. To do this task
- Go to the Edit menu and click Preferences.
- Click a preference category in the list on the left. For example, to set preferences for jobs and estimates, click Jobs and Estimates.
- On the My Preferences tab for the area you select, enter the changes and settings you want. Note: The settings you enter on this tab only affect your QuickBooks sessions, not those of other users.
- If you are the QuickBooks Administrator, click the Company Preferences tab to enter changes that affect all users. Only the QuickBooks Administrator can enter changes on the Company Preferences tab.
- Do one of the following:
- Click OK to save your changes and close the Preferences window.