QuickBooks – Inventory Transfer Between Sites
Use the Transfer Inventory window to transfer inventory between sites. You may do this to:
- Replenish items at a location.
- Transfer items from your “home” warehouse to your “satellite” locations.
- Transfer items to a loading dock or ship.
To do this task
- Choose Inventory > Inventory Activities > Transfer Inventory.
- In the Date field, enter the date of the transfer.
- In the Reference No. field, enter the appropriate transfer number. If you have a physical form for the transfer, use the number in this field.
- (Optional) Click the Class drop-down arrow and select a class.
- Click the Transfer from drop-down arrow and select an inventory site.
- Click the To drop-down arrow and select the other inventory site.
- Select the inventory items to transfer to the site:
- To select individual items:
- Click in the Item column.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select an inventory item.
- To search for or select multiple items:
- Click the Add multiple items button.
- (Optional) Enter a search term in the Find field and click the Search button.
- Click the left column to select or click to clear inventory items.
- Click the Add Selected Items button.
- In the Qty to Transfer column, enter the number to transfer for each item.
- (Optional) In the Memo field, enter the reason for this transfer, such as “Transfer opening quantity to site.”
- (Optional) Click Print to print a copy of the transfer for your records.
- Click the Save & Close button.